Gov 2.0 Hero Day is held annually on June 15 to celebrate citizens inside and outside government who go above and beyond the call of duty and creatively leverage technology to build a more open, transparent and collaborative democracy. These dedicated citizens are commonly referred to as Gov 2.0 Heroes.
Discussing Gov 2.0 Hero Day on Federal News Radio with Chris Dorobek:
- Share your Gov 2.0 Hero stories, videos, photos, links on the Gov 2.0 Hero Day Facebook Page.
- Write a blog post (‘My Gov 2.0 Heroes’) or feature your heroes, why they inspire you, what others should know about their work and how you can help them.
- Tweet your Gov 2.0 Heroes on Twitter with the hashtag #gov20heroday.
- Get creative!
NOTE: Please send before June 13, 8 p.m. Eastern Time. Gov 2.0 Hero Day is fast approaching, and we wanted to give everyone an opportunity to show the love here on GovFresh. On June 15, we’ll post your heroes to help you show your appreciation for the great work they’re doing. Here’s how to submit your Gov 2.0 Heroes to GovFresh.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your name, organization, title, Twitter link
- Photo of your hero(es)
- Link to their Twitter page(s)
- Brief description of why they’re your hero(es)
Other ideas to help you celebrate Gov 2.0 Hero Day and how you can honor your own on June 15:
- Write a blog post (â€œMy Gov 2.0 Heroesâ€) or vlog featuring your heroes, why they inspire you, what others should know about their work and how you can help them.
- Tweet your Gov 2.0 Hero on Twitter with the hashtag #gov20heroday
- Get creative. Buy them a beer, wine, flowers, dinner, take them to the spa, clean their house.
Look forward to your submissions!