If you like open data and great weather, the city of San Diego is looking for a performance and analytics chief data officer.
· Provide written guidelines describing how to prepare an inventory of data sets owned or managed by the City which is subject to the Open Data Policy;
· Publish the initial City Department data inventories on the City’s web site;
· Prepare and publish a technical guidelines manual for the publishing of public data sets through a Web Portal;
· Work with the public to identify high value data sets and make them available to the greatest number of users and for the greatest number of applications;
· Whenever practicable, use voluntary compliance standards for web publishing and
e-government, as described in Office of Management and Budget Circular A-119 Revised, unless no Voluntary Compliance Standards are suitable;
· No later than 18 months from the effective date of the Open Data Policy, and annually thereafter, provide a Compliance Plan to the Mayor and the Council;
· Submit written reports to the Mayor and the Council on the status of implementation of the Open Data Policy;
· Include specific measures for the annual updates to the Compliance Plan to make additional public data sets available on the Web Portal; and
· Assist with other key initiatives, including, but not limited to, strategic planning, and performance measures and management.
Application close date is July 17. Apply here.