Code for America officially launched its Code for America Accelerator to “‘turbo-charge’ select civic startups by providing them an opportunity to amplify market awareness of their product, to access a wealth of business training and advice, and to be introduced to a broad network of potential investors and civic leaders.”
The 4-month program program begins August 2012, and application deadline is June 1.
How it works (from CfA):
- Three to five companies will be selected to participate in the program
- The program will run for four months, beginning August 1, 2012
- Each team will be granted $25,000 in funding as well as access to CfA office space for the term
- Teams will receive guidance from high-profile civic and industry mentors and advisors
- Teams can reside anywhere in the country, but will gather in San Francisco one week a month for “retreats” featuring intensive training and networking