- RT @jgilliam: http://peace.facebook.com #
- How to BE a Government Consultant and Use Social Media http://bit.ly/HpEhe (via @sradick) #gov20 #
- Thoughtful @timoreilly post 'Thoughts on the Whitehouse.gov switch to Drupal' http://bit.ly/1wDvyj #gov20 #
- Just getting to Twitter Lists. Thanks to all of you who've added us! #gov20 #
- Thank you! RT @ClearType: Helpful gov2.0 folks: @levyj413 @govloop @govfresh @cheeky_geeky #FollowFriday #
- '@govloop grows to 20K, hires employee number 2' http://bit.ly/2Fpy1s #gov20 #
- #gov20 'Talk Talk vs. Do Do' http://bit.ly/vdeMu (@gwynnek) #
- GovFresh is now proudly powered by wind thanks to @sustainableweb! #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: 'Shaking Gov 2.0 Ground' http://bit.ly/4mec80 #gov20 @gov20radio #
- RT @You2Gov: Official #gov20la website for Government 2.0 Camp L.A. http://bit.ly/1cgt0u #
- Great seeing you guys! RT @sradick: Looking forward to drinks tonight with @annagabbert and @govfresh – I need a beer! #
- Hey @annagabbert @sradick great seeing you last night now get your #gov20 rap on: http://bit.ly/555m6 #
- @govloop what rhymes with 'awesome?' http://bit.ly/555m6 #gov20rap #
- @justinherman @technosailer how's that #gov20rap coming along? http://bit.ly/555m6 #
- 'Best Gov 2.0 Video' deadline fast approaching: http://bit.ly/555m6 #gov20 #
- 'Optimism is an instrument of policy' http://bit.ly/49rtSr (@david_a_eaves) #
- 'Flu.gov Needs You' http://bit.ly/ee5uP (@whitehouse) #
- @justinherman great new profile pic! #
- What SF Bay Area #gov20 folks would be interview fantastics for new GovFreshTV feature? (thoughts @adrielhampton @chrisheuer?) #
- @adrielhampton Thanks, Adriel. @kellypretzer can we talk? I'm at luke at govfresh dot com. in reply to adrielhampton #
- 'CDC Launches H1N1 Flu Mobile Texting Pilot' http://bit.ly/38gw0F (ht @craignewmark) #
- 'The Three Laws of Open Public Servants' http://bit.ly/42loVF (@nickcharney) #
- Thanks to @freegovinfo @chrisheuer @adrielhampton for the #gov20 #ff! #
Shaking Gov 2.0 Ground: Join federal Web developer Scott Horvath for a lively discussion of the U.S. Geographical Survey’s Web initiatives, including “Did You Feel That?” and the Twitter Earthquake Detector (TED) project. With hosts Adriel Hampton, Steve Ressler and Steve Lunceford. More Gov 2.0 Radio Â»
GovLoop announced today it surpassed 20,000 members in October and added Andrew Krzmarzick as Director of Community Engagement. Krzmarzick will be responsible for “outreach, partnership, and engagement to help the community grow and bring even greater value to members.”
Krzmarzick has played a key role in building GovLoop and has worked closely with GovLoop founder Steve Ressler on other projects. Prior to joining GovLoop, Krzmarzick was Senior Project Coordinator at the Graduate School, (formerly the Graduate School, United States Department of Agriculture).
Krzmarzick will serve as the official GovLoop Community Manager. In this role, he will be responsible for engaging and growing the GovLoop community â€“ reinforcing its core mission of connecting government to improve government.
â€œAndy is a true government 2.0 visionary and has been a long-time advocate of the GovLoop community,â€ said Ressler. â€œHe brings an unmatched level of expertise and passion for growing the community and increasing its power for the government sector. Andy and I have worked together previously in launching www.iampublicservice.org, and there is no one better to champion GovLoop and continue its contributions to public sector problem solving.â€
â€œI am excited to officially be on the GovLoop team,â€ Krzmarzick said. â€œIâ€™ve watched with admiration over the past 15 months as the community has grown and the members have connected with one another to share information and ideas generously. I see its potential as a place where people in and around government can turn in real time to get linked with the people and information they need to perform their jobs more effectively. Our members are passionate and I am eager to serve them in a full-time capacity as we collectively develop innovative solutions and replicate best practices across all levels of government â€“ both in the United States and beyond.â€
Ressler’s asked Krzmarzick to focus on the following:
- How can we further increase collaboration amongst the current members of GovLoop?
- How can we do better outreach to potential members who would love GovLoop?
- How can we better connect disparate conversations and turn them into knowledge solutions?
- How do we move from solving 5-10 government problems daily to 50-100 government problems?
- Krzmarzick’s blog post: Your Friendly Steward of GovLoop Awesomeness
- Ressler’s blog post: Big News: Andy K. Joins as RockStar GovLoop Community Manager & GovLoop Hits 20k Members
- Gogo @fedscoop! You're going to rock. #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜Breaking the Boundaries of Public Serviceâ€™ http://bit.ly/2rpj6L #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜Discussing Congress Campâ€™ http://bit.ly/85qSr #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜A Masters in Gov 2.0' http://bit.ly/1VGyVM #gov20 @gov20radio #
- 'Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜Rethinking Conference Learningâ€™ http://bit.ly/4pRjIW #gov20 @gov20radio #
- BIG shout-out to @adrielhampton @dslunceford @govloop for the great #gov20 work around @gov20radio. #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜Wrestling with Changeâ€™ http://bit.ly/v1XYE #gov20 @gov20radio #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜Acquisition 2.0' http://bit.ly/11FqPO #gov20 @gov20radio #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜The Promise of Open Dataâ€™ http://bit.ly/3VGf82 #gov20 @gov20radio #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜The Culture and Philosophy of Gov 2.0' http://bit.ly/1rofl3 #gov20 @gov20radio #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜Gov 2.0 Meets Oâ€™Reilly Mediaâ€™ http://bit.ly/1p4r5r #gov20 @gov20radio #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜Modeling Gov 2.0' http://bit.ly/1VgnEM #gov20 @gov20radio #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜Gov 2.0 Community Buildingâ€™ http://bit.ly/1GlYeC #gov20 @gov20radio #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜Democratizing Dataâ€™ http://bit.ly/MXX8S #gov20 @gov20radio #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜More Military 2.0' http://bit.ly/1UIBVJ #gov20 @gov20radio #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜Gov 2.0 for State and Local Governmentâ€™ http://bit.ly/1ybvzh #gov20 @gov20radio #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜Health 2.0' http://bit.ly/24MF4n #gov20 @gov20radio #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜Listening and Responding with Social Mediaâ€™ http://bit.ly/195Z2U #gov20 @gov20radio #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜Collaborative Governance w/guests Craig Newmark & Marilyn Clarkâ€™ http://bit.ly/3vLOw3 #gov20 @gov20radio #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜Talking Social Media Metricsâ€™ http://bit.ly/42NsOJ #gov20 @gov20radio #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜Talking Gov 2.0 With Alan Black & Dave Faggardâ€™ http://bit.ly/qfbrU #gov20 @gov20radio #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜Talking Gov2.0 With Clay Johnsonâ€™ http://bit.ly/4F4dPW #gov20 @gov20radio #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: 'Enterprise 2.0 w/Andrea Baker & Liz Rosas' http://bit.ly/ACCjn #gov20 @gov20radio #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜Talking Gov2.0 with Jeffrey Levy and Ari Herzogâ€™ http://bit.ly/3re7BT #gov20 @gov20radio #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜Talking Gov 2.0 With TweetCongressâ€™ http://bit.ly/2EpOLR #gov20 @gov20radio #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: â€˜Talking Web 2.0 Expo and Gov 2.0 Summit w/Tim Oâ€™Reillyâ€™ http://bit.ly/rk1Le #gov20 @gov20radio #
- Gov 2.0 Radio: 'Gov 2.0 Camp & Citizen 2.0' http://bit.ly/3WgUoL #gov20 @gov20radio #
- 'Government Technologist: Silicon Valley Goes Opaque' http://bit.ly/3npu3d #gov20 (great post by @jfoley09) #
- 'White House Confronts Barriers To Gov 2.0' http://bit.ly/1EUSBd #gov20 #
- 'Redesigning the Government: FCC' http://bit.ly/oiznn #
- MyGovApp: CDTA iRide http://bit.ly/38pJGy #gov20 #
- Get your GovApp featured on GovFresh: http://bit.ly/yk2aj #gov20 #
- Gov 2.0 Radio galore: http://bit.ly/40GJjx #gov20 @gov20radio @adrielhampton @dslunceford @govloop #
- 'Social Media Flu Fighters' http://bit.ly/3UKVq1 #gov20 (via @ahier) #
- Thanks to @ahier and @adrielhampton for all your great support! #
- @cheeky_geeky Yeah. Still waiting for best Gov 2.0 Rap Video: http://bit.ly/555m6 #gov20 #
- @GovTwit Thanks for the #govlove. in reply to GovTwit #
- 'Spacebook lead Emma Antunes talks social media, collaboration' http://bit.ly/3Fjiub #gov20 #nasa #
- RT @adrielhampton: A #Gov20 Radio smorgasbord, thanks to @govfresh – http://bit.ly/2rxoCT #
- Hey EllnMllr, @whitehouse stealing your thunder: 'Let the Sunshine In' http://bit.ly/4BfiOz #sunlightbestdisinfectant #
- Hey @EllnMllr, @whitehouse stealing your thunder: 'Let the Sunshine In' http://bit.ly/4BfiOz #sunlightbestdisinfectant #
Emma Antunes, project leader for NASA’s internal social network, Spacebook, discusses innovation, collaboration, social media, user engagement, team work, knowledge management, and her expectations for Spacebook.
Original post: Social Media Flu Fighters
One of the aspects of Gov 2.0 that I think is making excellent progress is in the area of healthcare and social media. Not only are private healthcare organizations beginning to embrace this technology, but government agencies are also beginning to make use of these powerful tools.
Efforts to distribute accurate information about the dangers of swine flu and the importance of vaccination are hampered by the sheer complexity of the message. Social media tools are being utilized to assist in this effort. Using Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and blogs, the government is actively engaged in social media to harness the power of this platform to reach a new audience and provide real time information. Social media is a powerful new method of healthy communication.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) have been working together to provide consumers and partners with social media tools that provide information about the ongoing 2009 novel influenza A (H1N1) outbreak. Widgets, mobile information, online videos and other tools reinforce and personalize messages, reach new audiences, and build a communication infrastructure based on open information exchange.
CDC is also encouraging the strategic use of Twitter to effectively and inexpensively reach individuals and partners with timely health and safety information. You can follow updates from CDC on Twitter at:
Flu.Gov on Twitter for H1N1 updates – For real time updates on the latest information
CDC’s Twitter profile for social media updates – For health professionals interested in staying up-to-date with CDC’s social media activities
CDC’s Twitter profile for emergency information – Emergency preparedness and response information from CDC and partner agencies.
CDC’s Twitter profile for flu updates – Updated information related to novel H1N1 flu, seasonal flu, and general influenza information.
CDC is actually using social media to inform on a variety of subjects besides flu. CDC is also home to a number of blogs on topics ranging from occupational health to HIV prevention and control. CDC blogs allow programs to share information in a way that encourages readers to comment and engage with the content:
- “Health Marketing Musings” â€” by Jay Bernhardt, Director, National Center for Health Marketing
- Public Health Matters â€” by Dr. Ali Khan, Director, National Center for Zoonotic, Vector-Borne, and Enteric Diseases
- NIOSH Science Blog â€” from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- NCIPC “Director’s View” â€” by Ileana Arias, Director, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control
- Health Protection Perspectives â€” by Dr. Kevin Fenton, Director, National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention
- Heightened National Response Web Community Blog â€” discussion of strategies, best practices and outreach initiatives as they relate to the Heightened National Response to the HIV/AIDS Crisis among African Americans
The HHS Center for New Media promotes and supports strategic, mission-oriented implementation of new and social media. Their mission is to provide new media trainings, guidance, coordination, and evaluation across HHS, and to encourage and participate in the utilization and facilitation of new media communications throughout the federal government. Their work is under continuous development as the site grows with the expanding HHS new media activities. Follow Andrew Wilson of the HHS social media team on Twitter to keep updated on all the happenings.
Each week, hosts Adriel Hampton, GovLoop founder Steve Ressler and GovTwit founder Steve Lunceford review the latest Gov 2.0 news and talk with in-the-trenches Gov 2.0 leaders. For someone who isn’t a govie and is 3,000 miles from Washington, DC, their in-depth discussions provide valuable insight into the inner workings of government innovations, from local to federal.
Big thanks to Adriel, Steve and Steve for championing the great work going on around building better government.
MyGovApp is a GovFresh feature showcasing Gov 2.0 applications, including Web, mobile, social networks, etc. Share yours Â»
CDTA iRide (iTunes)
CDTA (Rich Fantozzi and Pandav Inc.)
CDTA iRide on your iPhone makes getting around on CDTA buses a breeze. This trip planner covers bus service in Albany, Schenectady, Troy and Saratoga Counties in New York.
CDTA iRide features:
- a bus system trip planner
- scheduled arrival data
- system advisories
- system and area maps
- location of nearest bus stops
- search for bus stops
- browsing stops by route
- CDTA phone numbers and links
CDTA iRide plans your trip, calculates fares, finds nearby stops, and shows scheduled arrivals. Never worry about what bus to take when you need to get around!