The U.S. Department of Energy is looking for a chief data officer.
Salary is $120,749 to $181,500.
From the job description:
The Chief Data Officer is located within the Office of the Associate CIO for Technology and Innovation. This position is responsible for:
- Leads the Department’s Open Data effort to manage as an asset and making it available, discoverable, and usable to strengthen the Department’s effectiveness in carrying out its mission.
- Responsible for agency-wide orchestration, policy proposals and adherence towards a formal data governance framework and data live cycle practices to unlock the potential of government data.
- Represents DOE at working group forums established by the Deputy Director for Management at OMB, the Federal Chief Information Officer, and the Federal Chief Technology Officer, to focus on data transparency, accountability, policy and directive participation and collaboration.
- Ensure agency-wide data efforts adhere to the Privacy Act; ensuring full analysis of privacy, confidentiality, and security issues.
- Ensure DOE meets all OMB Federal policy and directive Open Data/Open Gov deadlines.
- Evolve agency behaviors and new culture norms towards collaboration to meet policy needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Application deadline is September 12. Apply here.