GovFresh highlights the products and start-ups powering the civic revolution. Learn how you can get featured.
Minh Tran, founder
Give us the 140-character elevator pitch.
Fix 311 aims to be a nationwide app for the 311 system using smartphones and GPS. Fix 311 also includes a CRM system to manage cases.
What problem does Fix 311 solve for government?
Every city is trying to build their own 311 app so they are essentially re-inventing what is already created by another city. Why not share resources and not waste tax payers money?
What’s the story behind starting Fix 311?
Fix 311 started out as the Pothole Alert App in 2010 and is created by Minh Tran after the Snowmageddon storm of 2010, which created excessive potholes in the DC area. Mr. Tran created the app after he lost a tire to a pothole and did not know which municipal to report potholes to since he lives near multiple cities and counties.
What are its key features?
- Can be used in any city without having to download many 311 apps
- Custom service list that self updates and lists the proper services associated with a city or county depending on the user’s location
- In additional to performing service lists actions, the app is capable of displaying content like a mobile website, so Fix 311 is both a mobile website and service request app
- Ability to filter reports not only between different cities, but also between different Precincts in the same city by using geo-boundaries detection
- Ability to post news feeds, web links, and make phone calls for services that should not be reported by online form
- Ability to filter out reports for roads not supported by a city
- Municipal can update the service list / news feed without requiring a new app upload
- Citizens can track and cancel cases
- Mobile website for the work crew to manage cased out on the field
- Open 311 compliant
- Includes web based CRM system to manage cases reported
- App works nationwide and Internationally
What are the costs, pricing plans?
Fees start at $600/year for smaller cities.