DisastersMap is a tool using information on earthquakes and storms sourced from data.gov (in expectation of more sources). This map also displays in real time tweets on natural disasters due to the Twitter API and shows location of the members of the U.S. Congress interested in natural disaster-related problems (using the Capitol Words API).
The map enables you to tweet a disaster using your Twitter account.
All data on earthquakes is sourced from the USGS (United States Geographical Survey) and the NWS (National Weather Service).
- Display of the earthquakes all over the world based on data.gov
- Display of different quake magnitudes
- Sorting out earthquakes by intensity
- Display of the storms in the USA based on data.gov
- Real time tweets on earthquakes and storms
- Browsing by date with a timeline
- Display of the last 10 most powerful earthquakes in the world
- Localization of the members of the U.S. Congress interested in natural disaster-related problems (using the Capitol Words API)